Jaimy Privacy Charter 2019
Jaimy NV has a digital platform that places service requesters (i.e. “home-owners”) quickly in contact with service providers (i.e. “trade professionals”). Requesting price quotes and making appointments is
Jaimy is committed to the users of its digital platform by placing respect for their privacy and protecting their personal data above all else. Customer satisfaction always comes first for Jaimy.
This Privacy Charter is intended to provide a transparent picture of the way in which Jaimy processes the personal data of its users. For example, Jaimy always processes data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation issued by the European Parliament and Council on 2 April 2016 relative to the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (referred to hereinafter as “the GDPR”).
Jaimy consequently invites users to read the information contained in this Privacy Charter carefully so that it is clear to them what type of personal data is processed by Jaimy and for what purposes, as well as what their rights are and the ways in which these rights can be exercised.
More information about Jaimy’s activities is available from https://jaimy.be
2. What is ‘personal data’?
‘Personal data’ encompasses any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, such as a name, identification number, location details, online identification data or any other data relating to a natural person.
3. What is involved in the processing of personal data?
The processing of personal data includes any action related to processing that data, such as collecting, entering, viewing, using or storing it. Jaimy ensures that only data that is required is actually processed.
4. Who is responsible for processing personal data?
The party responsible for processing personal data (the ‘controller’) is the public limited company, Jaimy, whose registered office is situated at 11 Karel Rogierplein, 1210 Brussels, RLE Brussels VAT BE 0699.693.365.
In practical terms, this means that Jaimy determines the purposes and means used for processing this data, as well as the point of contact for questions relating to the processing.
As a user, you may contact the Data Protection Officer at Jaimy at any time by e-mail via [email protected]
5. What personal data will be processed?
The personal data of users processed by Jaimy includes the following:
- identification details (surname, first name and address)
- contact details (e-mail address and telephone number)
- call data of calls between the users and the service providers
- employment details (occupation of the service provider)
- financial details (VAT number of the service provider)
- data relating to satisfaction about our services
- data in the public domain or obtained via third parties
- data that is gathered via cookies
6. When does Jaimy collect this personal data?
Jaimy collects personal data in the following instances:
- the user provides Jaimy with personal data while using Jaimy’s online services
- the user contacts Jaimy by telephone
- the service provider calls the prospect
- the user’s data is in the public domain (Belgian Official Journal, press, etc.)
- the user’s data is supplied by authorised third parties or persons with special authorisation to do so ( insurers, lawyers, specialist providers, etc.)
7. For what purposes does Jaimy process personal information?
Jaimy processes the personal data of a user for a variety of purposes. These include:
- putting service requesters in contact with service providers
- direct marketing campaigns, if permission to do so has been granted by the user
- ongoing improvements to our services, channels and processes
8. What is the legal basis for the processing of your personal data?
Jaimy processes personal data in one of the following cases only:
- when the user has given his/her consent to do so. This consent may be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawing consent applies only to the period after the consent is withdrawn and hence does not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out up until the time of withdrawal;
- when processing is required to execute a contract or to take pre-contractual measures at the request of the user;
- when processing is required to comply with a legal obligation;
- when processing is required for the purposes of a legitimate interest. If this is the case, Jaimy carefully weighs up its own legitimate interests with the need to respect your privacy.
Jaimy’s legitimate interests include:
- preventing fraud and abuse
- the study and analysis of the market and the competition to enable us to position ourselves better in relationship to them
- the personalisation of our services
- managing disputes
- offering products and services that fit as closely as possible with the needs and wishes of the user
- improving processes to ensure the optimum operation of the online platform
- the user's assessment about tradesmen who showed an interest in the user's job
To find out more about these cookies, their use and the modification of your data, please see our cookies policy in this document
9. Who can Jaimy pass on personal data to?
Jaimy will pass on the personal data of a service requester to a service provider able to carry out the task requested after a “lead fee” has been paid by the service provider to Jaimy.
Personal data may also be passed on to other companies in the Belfius Group in relation to the aforementioned purposes. The Belfius Group consists principally of Belfius Bank, Belfius Insurance, Belfius Investment Partners, Crefius, Elantis, Belfius Lease, Belfius Auto Lease, Belfius Commercial Finance, Corona, VDL-Interass, Bureau Laveaux & Martin, Qualitass, The Studio, etc. Of course, the composition of the Belfius Group may change.
Personal data may also be passed on to external processors, such as public entities, IT service providers (including Amazon Web Services, Segment and Mode Analytics) and
In this regard, if Jaimy works with a processor outside the European Economic Area, at least the same level of protection and security as in Belgium will be provided.
10. What are the user’s rights?
- Right of access: a user has the right to obtain access to his/her personal data that has been processed by Jaimy, as well as to obtain additional information in relation
- Right to the amendment and deletion of personal data: If the user believes that certain items of data are incorrect, incomplete or not applicable (any longer), he/she may request the right to amend, supplement or delete such data.
- Right to the restriction of the processing of personal data: In certain cases the user may request the restriction of the processing of his/her personal data.
- Right to the portability of your personal data: In certain cases the user has the right to have the personal data he/she has provided transferred to another controller, on condition that this is technically possible.
- Right to object to the use of persona data for direct marketing: A user may at any time indicate that Jaimy may no longer process his/her personal data for direct marketing purposes. If this is the case, the user will not receive any further commercial offers.
11. How can the user exercise these rights?
A user may exercise the rights stated above by sending a request, accompanied by a copy of the front of his/her identity card, to [email protected]
If as a user you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data breaches the GDPR, you can contact the Data Protection Authority by post at the following address: 35 Drukpersstraat, 1000 Brussels, by e-mail via [email protected] or by telephone on +32 460 20 84 30.
12. How long is personal data kept for?
Personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the processing for which it was collected.
13. What happens if any changes are made to this Charter?
Jaimy reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Charter at any time.
The latest version of the Charter can be viewed at any time on www.jaimy.be